The WordPress.com statistics engine prepared a 2012 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
4,329 films were submitted to the 2012 Cannes Film Festival. This blog had 18,000 views in 2012. If each view were a film, this blog would power 4 Film Festivals
Click here to see the complete report.
Many small businesses have reaped significant benefits in the early 2000′s by using Google Pay Per Click (PPC) AdWords. Some also supplemented these PPC campaigns with the PPC programs offered by Yahoo and Microsoft (Bing). In the early part of the millennium, these PPC programs were a great idea, and they may be a great idea still for some businesses. However PPC pricing has become higher by as much as 100% or even more due to competitive bidding. The keywords that are being sold per click are actually auctioned, and the greater the demand for specific keywords, the higher the price goes. In some cases, businesses that started in the early 2000′s and relied on Google AdWords for their customer base have seen their budgets double and triple, and for many this was no longer sustainable. Businesses cannot spend more for advertising than their net income, yet this was the situation being faced by many businesses after 2011, when prices for most keywords have doubled or tripled over their cost a decade earlier.
Many businesses responded by hiring experts to optimize their campaigns including the text of the ads and the content of their sites. The problem is that almost every business using a pay-per-click program has been using the same tactics.
However there is a solution. There are many ways to substitute or replace Google AdWords or at least reduce AdWords use and supplement this advertising with other methods. The methods have been well documented and work for all kinds of businesses. This is particularly important in areas such as law, real estate, and financial service, all of which have extremely expensive costs per click on Google AdWords. Rather than trying one of these techniques, it is best to adopt most of them. Some of them cost time and others cost money, depending on how comfortable you and your employees are with doing these steps on your own as well as your collective writing skills. These techniques involve generating organic legitimate traffic from people who are looking for the kinds of goods and services you actually provide. They do require a great deal of effort and skill, either yours, your employees, or consultants like us that can be hired by the hour.
- Add content to your website at least five times a week.
Google rates the quality of websites by many different measurements, but after their updates, of the last few years, content is the most important factor determining how high your website will rank organically for your given keywords in your location. The amount of timely content that is added on a weekly basis is measured and your website is ranked by blog importance. If you can get comments on your pages and articles, all the better because that counts as fresh content too. Content must be well-written as well as related to the keywords of your goods or services. Google has algorithms that reduce your rank for poor writing as well as writing that is copied from other sites or sources. Google indexes all text, and if your site has copied material, it is penalized with a duplicate content penalty. If you have a talent for writing that is great, if not, get an employee to write. Some companies have no resources on staff, and they should hire a copywriter. Our firm has copywriters and copyeditors on staff, and we are willing to write on any topic you can think of.
- Stumbleupon Paid Traffic.
Stumbleupon has a pay-per-click advertising method that is keyword based and is a lot cheaper than Google Adwords PPC. As a supplement to writing more content for your site you can get traffic from Stumbleupon. We have used Stumbleupon for our own traffic needs and we recommend it for yours. Our firm is capable of organizing such a campaign for you and can do so immediately.
- Press Releases through Reuters.
Press releases take your best and most relevant content and put it in front of reporters everywhere. Make the content excellent because editors of major and minor newspapers and magazines are always looking for interesting free content. We can write and submit this content for you. We have experience writing and have success with PR Newswire as well as the relationships with them and reporters that can wind up in placement for you.
With these three techniques, we can transform your business to one that is leaking cash to Google to one that is sustainable and can get customers without ransoming all of your income to Google. Find out more now by calling us today at 646-853-0573.
The Checklist for Websites that Get New Clients for Small Businesses
GLEN COVE, N.Y., April 2, 2012 /PRNewswire-iReach/ — Often those tasked with looking for a new small business website will place a great deal of importance with very unique designs. There is nothing wrong with a website that is very attractive, but if the goal of your website is to attract new clients and assist existing clients, then an austere design with great content to help guide consumers and businesses with an interest in your market to your website. Businesses on the forefront of ideas in their field and can take the time to document the most useful of the many things they learn can showcase this valuable content on their websites. It is this content that is found by search engines for people seeking answers to specific problems. Finding the answer also makes them find your business.
- Use a minimalist design that uses whitespace (the empty space in the page that is generally white) effectively. This will make content more accessible.
- Frequent updates of fresh text are necessary for feeding the search engines and increasing online reputation and exposure. The best practice is to keep the length to around five hundred words.
- Blogs should be interactive, with links to share on social networks as well as a mechanism to comment on appropriate posts and pages. Moderation of comments can make sure that only legitimate responses are approved as comments.
- Businesses need a call to action on all appropriate pages to make it easier for potential clients to contact and hire their businesses.
- A value proposition should be high up on a business web page. Businesses can express your reputation and / or quality in ten words or less.
- Businesses should do some writing about what differentiates them different from other similar firms. This differentiation can be in the form of writing quality content that potential clients would be interested and using terms they might be searching for.
- Accessibility for multiple device types to have a quality experience on your Website is important because people will visit websites from a variety of mobile devices and IPads.
- Using Google Analytics or other statistical traffic measurement tools for your site is critical to helping you develop your Website over time. The information can include what people are searching for when they find your site, and pages or topics that generate unusual interest.
- Engage with existing and potential clients on social networking platforms. Use social networking to syndicate your content and spread as far as possible. Automation can save time and money when implemented as part of your syndication strategy.
- The most important work that is done on a website is not done by your website designer but by the author of your content. If you are not going to produce the content yourself, then hire competent writers and give them the best ideas of your business to work with as well as guidance to produce the content which would be most helpful to a business’s potential and existing clients.
- Effective use of keywords in the text and in your title tags and URL’s will help search engines identify and catalog website content more effectively.
- Pursue legitimate avenues for obtaining quality backlinks to websites in order to increase page rankings of your pages in search engines.
- Avoid possible search engine policy violations by reading the guidelines available on Google, Bing, and others.
- Avoid being blocked by searchers. Websites blocked from search results are not producing what is considered to be quality content in the market of the business being blocked. Businesses can avoid this with good content as well as reputation management and answering concerns all over the Internet.
- Excellent security for your Website against hackers. A business can be ruined with careless handling of information, but well deployed and maintained high-quality security can reflect well upon a business.
Whether you do more research or not, the items listed here are all required hallmarks for a successful website. The success of a website requires all fourteen of these conditions to be fulfilled, and the success of each of these key areas is what will determine the success or failure of a Website.
The Web and I is a cloud computing consultancy specializing in website design and web applications in Glen Cove, Long Island, New York. Their website is http://thewebandi.com.
Media Contact: Martin Low the Web and I, 646-853-0573, firstname.lastname@example.org
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
The original can be seen at:
One of the most important things we do with our Reputation Management Campaigns is our brand review management.
At the Web and I, we make sure to stay ahead of the curve. We know that continual monitoring of brand reviews keeps us alert and provides us with the ability to properly react. This vigilant way of doing business has been at the root of our success.
Customers and critics are always reviewing our customers’ brands, and these reviews, whether good or bad, need to be responded to. This is the job of our professionals.
Always alert for the good of our clients, while maintaining strong ethical standards, the Web and I has developed a strategic plan that incorporates three main parts:
- The Reputation of the Brand:
- We respond to reviews one customer or critic at a time. We promote the reputation of the client through our responsiveness and connection with customers and critics.
- We use SEO techniques to index the responses in search engines so that they have a high page rank.
- The Experience of the Customer:
- We value our clients’ customers’ experiences, and we show that with our interaction with them online.
- We encourage reviews and remarks, and we keep an open dialog with customers and critics.
- We make sure that their comments always elicit a positive experience, so they keep coming back.
- Building Customer Relationships:
- We use reviews and our response process to build long-term relationships with your customers.
- We try to use our responses to bind your customers to your company and brand.
- Customers are more likely to bring repeat business when they feel that they have personalized attention. We work towards that and give your company the results it needs.
When you are in need of brand review management, you can call on us for a free consultation at 646-853-0573.
Are you aware of what customers are saying about your brand? Your customers are!
The management of your brand’s reputation is starting to become one of the most important parts of running a business. With an increasingly connected world, consumers are doing their homework, and they are also offering feedback in more places like Epinions.com, Yelp, YP.com, Ripoff Report, social networks, and niche sites specific to many different industries.
People are more likely to post comments about their negative experiences than their positive experiences. These opinions can change the way people see your business. If your customers are seeing your business online, 80% of them done a little looking online to try to read reviews when they are deciding whether to use your company. It is this process that makes the management of your reviews increasingly important.
Because it is important to you, the Web and I maintains the right professionals who are skilled in managing your online reputation, monitoring it, and safeguarding it. We will go to any effort to ensure that your company maintains a respectable online reputation.
Once you understand the critical importance of reputation management, it is also valuable to understand the process that the Web and I uses, which has earned us a great reputation with our clients. Our reputation management procedures has had a 100% successful track record improving the reputations of our clients.
Stage 1: Analyze
- Take inventory of the company’s reputation online.
- Create graphical representations of the online reputation.
- Provide a list of sources to support the research.
- Come up with incentives for existing clients to post positive comments and ratings on various online venues.
Stage 2: Reputation Improvement
- Publicize incentives for positive comments and ratings to existing customer base.
- Create links from the company’s website to the positive reviews, giving them higher search engine value.
- Use SEO methods to lessen the importance of negative reviews.
- Contact those with negative reviews and attempt to change their opinion and work with the company for their satisfaction so that comments may be removed.
Stage 3: Response Tactics
- Design and implement tactics to respond to negative comments and complaints systematically.
- Train the company to deal with negative comments and help them respond correctly.
- Post responses to negative comments that show the steps that have been taken to resolve the complaints.
Stage 4: Evaluation
- Work towards showing that the company and brand is a problem-solver and that they are willing to work with customers for their satisfaction.
- Evaluate the campaign to measure improvements.
- Build the company’s reputation and strengthen it, avoiding future negative comments.
When you are interested in reputation management, call us for a free consultation at 646-853-0573
Visibility in your target market is a goal that every business shares, and effective public relations campaigns are a great way to gain that visibility while also increasing website visits, sales leads, and driving more sales. More cost-effective than television and newspaper advertisements, public relations are getting results for businesses just like yours every day.
The role that public relations can play for your business in a competitive market is vital. The Web and I has valuable relationships with many major media outlets that your customers are looking at on the web, and we get our customers articles exposed there on a regular basis. These news outlets are always looking for reliable sources of articles, and we will help by writing the kind of articles that get picked up by the major news services.
We can provide the following related services:
- Writing and submitting press releases.
- Capitalize on article submission opportunities.
- Link your public relations campaign to an overall Search Engine Optimization (SEO) campaign.
For more information or to get started on the path to increased visibility, call the Web and I for a free consultation today at 646-853-0573.
The landing page design professionals at the Web and I are ready to provide you with results in the form of great conversion rates for your pay-per-click advertising campaign. To make sure you have the best possible landing page to make the most return on investment, we test two landing pages side-by-side for results in a process known as A/B Testing. We do our best to match the content of your potential customers to the search terms they are using.
Landing pages which are not properly thought out and are under-designed are not able to hold the attention of your potential customers, resulting in poor conversion rates and wasting advertising dollars. With the increasing costs of pay-per-click advertising campaigns, it is essential to have a very optimized and targeted landing page.
Our professionals will make landing pages that are specific to your campaign and reflect the needs and wants of your target audience. Our team will put each page together from scratch, with carefully chosen images and language while using proven technologies and techniques to increase your sales.
Testing, Quality Assurance and Quality Improvement
What kind of advertisement is the best to accentuate your products and services? Many original ideas will come from you, but there is always room for improvement. The landing page optimization process involves the study of your target market and the behavior of online consumers. Each page must be put together to attract your target market, but the page design will be in testing phase until the performance can be tested by comparing to similar landing page designs in what is called A/B testing. We will test different ideas until we find out what works and doesn’t work for you in practice, rather than going with our first design. This will make a great deal of difference to your bottom-line.
Ideas From Other Important Pages on your Site
Gaining a conversion on your landing page is great, but what about cross-selling of other related products on your site? A well-designed landing page takes content from other pages of your site, and has suggestions for other related purchases on your site which your potential customers may be interested in. Additional suggestions or enticing copy can be placed which will be of interest to a consumer who has already made a purchase.
An Effective Call-To-Action
Having an effective call-to-action is an intrinsic part of creating a great landing page. The call-to-action is the part of the page that draws to consumer and urges them to act, making a purchase or requesting additional information. The call-to-action should be alluring and enticing. This part of the advertising is very similar to traditional advertising, and involves a collaboration between graphic artists and content writers.
The most important part of our landing page designs, is that they are designed to work with your pay-per-click advertising campaigns. Each landing page is crafted to compliment they keywords you have selected in your pay-per-click ad group. Together with us, we will team up to maximize your return on investment. Call us now for a free consultation to discuss how we may make your sales dreams come true at 646-853-0573.